Who’s the Best Warwick Car Accident Lawyer?

A car accident can be an unbelievably scary moment. From the initial shock of the wreck to wondering what’s happening around you, there are so many thoughts racing through your mind. In the aftermath of all that, there’s the possible need for a lawyer. In Warwick, an accident victim is entitled to the maximum compensation for expenses resulting from that crash. The right legal representation can work to make sure that happens.

What Your Lawyer Can Do

If you find yourself typing “Warwick car accident lawyer” into a search engine, you’re searching for an experienced car accident lawyer who can provide sound legal advice and a transparent attorney-client relationship. It all starts with a free consultation to break down what can be achieved in your case. In some circumstances, a driver involved in a car accident may be suing the driver of the other vehicle involved in a collision. There are other situations where a driver may want to sue that person’s insurance company for payout on a claim.

An automobile accident can carry expenses beyond the damages done to the vehicle. There are medical expenses that may arise from a trip to the emergency room, prolonged care for significant injuries, and the possible loss of life. Claims may also be made regarding financial loss suffered from being out of work because of those injuries. There is also financial compensation available in the event of other property damage that may have occurred because of that crash.

What You Can Do

For greater success in achieving a settlement or winning a trial in court, a car accident victim has the responsibility after the wreck to build evidence for the case. Immediately after any type of crash, you should assess yourself and those in your vehicle. If you can safely pull to the side of the road, do so. Call emergency officials to the scene to evaluate those involved for injuries so that police can write up an accident report if you decide to use the services of a car accident attorney.

It’s important to keep track of all reports that are related to the vehicle accident. This includes medical documentation to show the care that you have received since the time of the crash. Documents showing a property damage claim or vehicular damage claim sent to insurance companies should also be kept track of. If there are eyewitness accounts of the accident scene, you may want to get statements from those persons to help your attorney build a case for a reasonable settlement or trial.

What To Know About Personal Injury Law

When filing an insurance claim or lawsuit after a car accident, don’t be surprised if the party you’re looking to hold liable responds by saying you’re at least partially at fault. That’s because Rhode Island has a “comparative fault” rule in personal injury law. This reduces the number of damages an injured person can recover if they are deemed to have some fault in the crash. For example, let’s say you get into a crash at an intersection when another driver runs a red light. However, an accident report may find that you were speeding at the time. At trial, it could be determined that you were 10 percent at fault while the other driver was 90 percent at fault, granting you just 90 percent of the damages calculated.

Damages in some cases may have caps for things like pain and suffering after a motor vehicle collision. There’s also a statute of limitations in Rhode Island to file an individual case, which is usually three years after a car accident has taken place. At the end of the day, it’s important to have as much information as possible for the best car accident lawyer to deliver the results that you may be seeking after the wreck.